[mythtv-users] mythfrontend hanging w/blank screen

Mike Kobler mkobler at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 19:05:27 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Dale Pontius<DEPontius at edgehp.net> wrote:

> Something like this happens to me periodically, but it also seems to go
> away on its own.  I haven't ever collected detailed information like you
> have, because I've always been able to get around it.  For me it seems
> to be most related to the video drivers.  Some drivers (nvidia-drivers,
> for me) work, and some don't.  If I update the drivers and the menus go
> a way, I mask that particular version, let it regress, and things are
> back to normal.  Then usually the next update after is acceptable, so
> I'm not stuck forever at some particular driver level.

I tried going back to the last version of the nvidia-drivers, but that
didn't seem to have an effect.   I'll look back over my package update
history and see if anything related to video was updated since my last
reboot.  (I'm in the bad habit of updating software and then
forgetting to restart services to make use of if.  Then next reboot
usually brings a couple of issues I have to resolve.../sigh)

> Dale Pontius

mike