[mythtv-users] Lirc key repeats on Harmony 525

Richard Woelk richardwoelk at yahoo.ca
Sun Aug 16 00:10:01 UTC 2009

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Aug 14, 2009, at 7:58 AM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>
>> On Aug 14, 2009, at 7:10 AM, Phill Edwards wrote:
>>
>>> I bought a Harmon 525 a few weeks ago and have been very pleased with
>>> it. The only problem I have with it is when I go to view programs
>>> which are in a recording group protected by a PIN. When I try to type
>>> in the PIN using the number keys on the remote, each number is
>>> repeated - so rather than getting **** I get ******** which of course
>>> isn't the correct PIN. I don't seem to have any lirc key repeat
>>> problems anywhere else - only here, which I think is a bit odd.
>>>
>>> Though I do get this output from irw (looks like a single press
>>> generates more than 1 signal but I don't know whether this is normal
>>> or not):
>>>
>>> [mythtv at elm ~]$ irw
>>> 00000000000017a5 00 OK Harmony525KnoppMyth
>>> 00000000000017a5 01 OK Harmony525KnoppMyth
>>> 00000000000017a5 02 OK Harmony525KnoppMyth
>>
>> Yes, this is normal. You need to modify your lirc configuration file
>> (the one in ~/.lircrc) to add the repeat parameter.
>
> After re-reading your message, I believe you probably have a repeat
> parameter on most of your buttons but are missing them on the number
> keys. Double-check that. (The information I gave previous is still
> good for people who might be searching the archives for the same issue.)

There is a setting for repeats in the harmony remote setup program
Under devices, mythtv, troubleshoot. There is an item "Mythtv responds
to some commands either too many times or only occasionally"

The default is 3, but it can be set between 1 and 6. On an original
PVR-250 card's i2c receiver, The setting needs to be at 1 to prevent
repeat presses

- Richard