[mythtv-users] Lirc key repeats on Harmony 525

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 03:41:56 UTC 2009

> Yes, this is normal. You need to modify your lirc configuration file (the
> one in ~/.lircrc) to add the repeat parameter. Something like:
>
> begin
>   prog = mythtv
>   button = OK
>   repeat = 3
>   config = Space
> end
>
> repeat means to register every nth keypress, so since you are registering 3
> keypresses for every one repeat = 3 should do the trick. It needs to be
> added to every button where you wish to register only the nth keypress

I've checked the config against my numeric buttons and they all have
repeat parameters like this:

begin
prog = mythtv
button = 0
repeat = 4
config = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = 1
repeat = 4
config = 1
end

etc...

I've tried chaning the repeat setting to values such as 1, 2, 3, 4, 9,
50 but no matter what setting I enter I _always_ get 2 *s for each
number press in the PIN field. In between each change to ~/.lircrc I
restarted mythfrontend, but no matter what I do I can't get this to
work. Could it be something in the /etc/lircd.conf file below? What
does that "min_repeat" parameter do?

begin remote
  name          Harmony525KnoppMyth
  bits          13
  flags         RC5|CONST_LENGTH
  eps           30
  aeps          100
  one           895   885
  zero          895   885
  plead         910
  gap          116038
  min_repeat      2
  toggle_bit_mask 0x800
      begin codes
          Blue                     0x17A9
          Green                    0x17AE
          Red                      0x178B
          Yellow                   0x17B8
          Go                       0x17BB
          OK                       0x17A5
          NumberInput              0x178E
          JumpMusic                0x1799
          JumpPictumres             0x179A
          JumpRadio                0x178C
          JumpTV                   0x179C
          JumpVideos               0x1798
          PwrToggle                0x17BD
          Stop                     0x17B6
          Replay                   0x17A4
          Skip                     0x179E
          Play                     0x17B5
          Rec                      0x17B7
          Rew                      0x17B2
          Fwd                      0x17B4
          Pause                    0x17B0
          Guide                    0x179B
          Info                     0x178A
          Exit                     0x179F
          Menu                     0x178D
          VolumeUp                 0x1790
          VolumeDown               0x1791
          ChannelUp                0x17A0
          ChannelDown              0x17A1
          Prev                     0x1792
          DirectionUp              0x1794
#         UpArrow                  0x1794 Same as DirectionUp
          DirectionDown            0x1795
#         DownArrow                0x1795 Same as DirectionDown
          DirectionLeft            0x1796
          DirectionRight           0x1797
          Mute                     0x178F
          1                        0x1781