[mythtv-users] Mythstream for trunk

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Wed Aug 12 03:28:54 UTC 2009

Marc Tousignant wrote:
>>> I never tried Apple trailers since I use it for just Shoutcast. After
>>> reading your posts, I tried apple trailers and got the same result. I
>>> also tried other videos and the FE crashed. I suspect that mythstream
>>> is trying to call the function _Z11qt_xdisplayv from Qt3 (libqt-mt)
>>> and since it's using Qt4 it crashes. I guess if someone knows the qt4
>>> equivalent function of _Z11qt_xdisplayv this could be corrected.
>> It appears that qt_xdisplay has been replaced by QX11Info::display. I
>> have updated the patch. Again, it compiles but I do not know whether or
>> not works. Could someone give it a try?
>
> Compiles, plays video, but no audio. Think that might be an issue with
> mplayers config.

Thank you for testing it.

> Is there any way we can choose the media player to use? My preference is
> xine. Mplayer was only installed for use with this plugin.

The parameters used to configure the embedded player are in
/usr/share/mythtv/mythstream/player.xml. If xine has command line
arguments to replace the mplayer command line arguments found in the
file, then I suppose it would work.

As I tend to use xine rather than mplayer, I looked at it some time ago.
However, I decided that it was too much of a hassle to see whether or
not I could find corresponding command line arguments, so I decided to
suffer the extra 2.3M (uncompressed) caused by including MPlayer.