[mythtv-users] IVTV and DVB cards swapping /dev/ location

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 20:21:19 UTC 2009

On 10/08/2009, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
> Mitch Gore wrote:
>

> > I have seen posts in the past on writing custom u.dev rules to force the
> same but I am not sure how to do this in Ubuntu.
> >

>  It's not really too difficult, at least under Mandriva.  You can gather
> udev info about the device with udevinfo:

If you're running a recent udev, it's more likely:

# udevadm info -a -p $(udevadm info -q path -n /dev/video0)

instead.

http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html is still one of the
best tutorials out there, but still needs updating to reflect the
recent changing of udevinfo to udevadm.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott