[mythtv-users] Comcast Cable encrypted channels

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Aug 6 15:10:05 UTC 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009 08:56:13 Jarod Wilson wrote:

> Heh, I got news for ya... The next release of Mac OS X is slated to
> drop PowerPC support entirely.

Wonderful. Guess I'll install Linux on the thing. I have Ubuntu running on a
G4 iBook, works quite well, in some ways better than OSX (power and WiFi
control, as well as side scrolling the trackpad).

> /me still rockin' a dual G4 800 tower bought in 2001, running 10.5
> like a champ, after surgically altering a GF6200 AGP card.

Those were realy solid machines, and are available pretty cheaply today:

http://www.wegenermedia.com/g4twr.htm

My doctor and dentist both insist on running OS9, I keep telling them it will
not get cheaper to upgrade, the problem seems to be very expensive software
to run the offices that they don't want to pay to upgrade.

Video cards (ATI though, sorry) can be had cheaply as well:

http://www.wegenermedia.com/ati128.htm

Apple hardware has always been decent, and often used Mac gear running Linux
is a good solution.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org