[mythtv-users] Inconsistent show times in australia

Iain Buchanan iaindb at netspace.net.au
Wed Aug 5 00:33:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 08:23 -0700, Tom Sparks wrote:
> [...]

I doubt it.  IMHO they don't want you to record to HD, because it means
you can FF the ads (or worse, remove them!)  Of course they could catch
up time lost in live shows by shortening ad breaks, but then they
promise all their customers a certain amount of screening time.

The EPG in Australia is also extremely bad.  Most of the time, all I get
for a show (eg CSI) is Title: CSI, Description: CSI.  woohoo.  When
Austar broadcast commercial TV over cable the EPG was much better.  Now
of course it's satellite so I have to go back to the DTV EPG.

Sorry, I'll stop now...
</rant>

"Laura and I are looking forward to having a private dinner with he and Mrs.
Blair Friday night."

George W. Bush
February 22, 2001
Referring to impending visit by British Prime Minister Tony Blair.  White
House press conference.