[mythtv-users] Inconsistent show times in australia

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 5 11:20:07 UTC 2009

--- On Wed, 5/8/09, Iain Buchanan <iaindb at netspace.net.au> wrote:
<snip>
> I doubt it.  IMHO they don't want you to record to HD,
> because it means
> you can FF the ads (or worse, remove them!)

I could not care less about HD
I can accept the ads as long as the shows are within their time slot, a 1 hour show are about 44 minutes long, so why do they need to run over time?

>  Of course
> they could catch
> up time lost in live shows by shortening ad breaks, but
> then they
> promise all their customers a certain amount of screening
> time.
>
> The EPG in Australia is also extremely bad.  Most of
> the time, all I get
> for a show (eg CSI) is Title: CSI, Description: CSI.
> woohoo.

the EPG that I am getting via DVB-T, I get the Description of the show, but the year is always set 2000

>  When
> Austar broadcast commercial TV over cable the EPG was much
> better.  Now
> of course it's satellite so I have to go back to the DTV
> EPG.
>
> Sorry, I'll stop now...
> </rant>
rant away

PS: is there an australia Mythtv/PVR mailing list?

Tom_a_sparks