[mythtv-users] Comcast Cable encrypted channels

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 4 02:06:41 UTC 2009

On 08/03/2009 07:32 PM, Jim Goddard wrote:
> I would love to cancel the cable altogether, but I like a couple
> programs on comedy central and sci-fi.

Vote with your wallet and cancel cable and go with OTA.  And, if you can
convince a few million of your closest friends to do the same (and they
can convince...), we might actually fix the real problem (the
cable-/satellite-company DRM infection).***

Then, cut out the middle man (the cable co) and spend that $90/mo (or
whatever) on buying the TV shows on DVD or Blu-Ray.

***And, no, canceling cable and stealing programming from the Internet
will /not/ fix the problem--after all, winning the war will require
honor and sacrifices.  :)  (Not that I'm saying you planned to do so.
I'm only making this statement in a general context.)

Mike