[mythtv-users] MythTV for iPhone

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Wed Apr 29 11:59:01 UTC 2009

> I also found an error in one of the smarty templates main.tpl Line 29 had
> a hardcoded IP address, I changed this to

> refresh the video list</a>
>
> Maybe someone else can provide some pointers on how to troubleshoot the
> javascript code thats mean to kick off the conversion?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anthony

Appears this has already been reported

http://code.google.com/p/mythtv-for-iphone/issues/detail?id=10

Yeah I fixed that too.

The conversion is working for me now. No idea why.
In order to get it to work with nuvexport I had to fiddle around with from
the console. After kicking off a few conversions from there it would work
through the web interface. Until I rebooted.
My apache logs told me why:

Can't create config directory //.mythtv:  Permission denied
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/nuvexport line 36.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/nuvexport line 36.

Since apache does not have a home folder, and I didn't want to set one up I
tried to sudo as another user and apache does not have sudo access:
apache is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.

Switching back to transcode was the easiest thing to do, and this time it
started working, no clue why.
The resulting files are slightly larger but better quality.

Marc