[mythtv-users] Fixing incorrect metadata (subtitles)

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 16:57:08 UTC 2009

On a too-frequent basis, I find that I need to update my database to correct
for missing subtitles on recordings.  This happens because SchedulesDirect
doesn't get the info, I presume.  Anyway, what I end up getting is just some
boilerplate subtitle that is the same for every episode.  Impossible to
distinguish one episode from another as I scan the list of recordings.

Short of firing up a MySQL client and doing the update manually, is there a
better way?  Perhaps in Mythweb?  It also occurred to me that in the
frontend, it would be nice to have a dialog box to support metadata editing.