[mythtv-users] Show not recorded but shows recorded

Andreas Schlehahn linuxdreas at dslextreme.com
Tue Apr 21 15:59:44 UTC 2009

Am Dienstag 21 April 2009 08:10:48 schrieb Allen Edwards:
> At 3:15 yesterday afternoon two shows just quit recording.  At 3:30 the
> logs show another show started and it also shows that at 4:02 it stopped.
> Everything looks fine in the logs (mythbackend.log) except that show is 0
> Gbytes in other words, it didn't record.  It shows up in the listing of
> recorded shows but since it isn't really there, you can't watch it.  These
> shows were all 9.1 or 9.3
> I don't know what happened but as it was so hot yesterday I assume KQED
> went off the air.  But there was no clue in the logs as to what happened,
> or even that anything happened.  Everything in the logs and the recorded
> programs looks normal except the file sizes.

I get these 0-byte-recordings once in a while when Comcast shuffles their
lineup of digital channels and the channel I want to record from is either
invalid or encrypted.

> Is there somewhere I can look to make sure my system is OK and is there
> another log file I can check?

Only thing I would do is tune to KQED in LiveTV and see if that works.

> One issue is that if the signal goes away for a short time, the system will
> not recover and you do not get the rest of the show.  I know this from
> previous episodes.

I had that (no signal) a couple of times for a few seconds each with the last
episode of "Amazing Race", but MythTV kept recording the show.

--
Gruß
Andreas