[mythtv-users] Audio sync and VDPAU

Steve Curtis scurtis at fixation.net
Mon Apr 20 22:24:14 UTC 2009

2009/4/20 Nicolas Will <nico at youplala.net>

> Hello,
>
> I'm on Ubuntu 8.10 x64 with Medibuntu and Jean-Yves' "stable"
> repository.
>
> I have DVB-T and DVB-S in the UK.
>
> if rez > W:0 H:0 -> vdpau & vdpau , Advanced (2X, HW)

Sorry I can't help specifically.  I have mythbuntu 8.10 running VDPAU with
an MSI 8400GS Passive cooling.  I just switched on Advanced, 2X HW in TV
Settings and defo no stutter here.  I did get a major improvement in motion
on the BBC News ticker.. its super smooth now so thanks for the tip to
switch that on!

Next I think I'll look at this auto-switching of refresh rates that JYA
detailed a somewhere.. :-)

Cheers,
Steve