[mythtv-users] Storage placement

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 15:14:57 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Per Jørgensen <myth at pbj-design.dk> wrote:
> Hey Guys.
>
> I'm build a setup with 2 BE and 3FE. In that matter my MBE allways runs
> (2xHVR4000) - and delievering LIVETV.
> My SBE holds 1HVR4000 and 1 PVR500.
>
> But for use in all house - where should I place my Storage.
> My MBE holds 4 SATA 500GB disc With the storage capacity shared across using
> NFS.
> But The machine cannot any more - And If I want to add more capacity from
> the SBE ( Which is using WOL) Is it possible to more capacity from that
> Machine - evt to hold some special koncerts etc - That I want to keep - but
> does not see that often. Is there a way to register that this storage isn't
> available unless MBE has started the SBE. But then again I will not let the
> SBE run all the time - So have do I best o this - if its possible?

No but it would work. My SBE is off many times over the last year and
I have 1TB of recordings on the SBE. The only problem that this causes
is that when in the recordings list if you select a recording that is
on the SBE it takes a few seconds to get out of that selection. I
guess if I turn off previews I would not have this problem.

John