[mythtv-users] Storage placement

Per Jørgensen myth at pbj-design.dk
Sat Apr 18 15:11:38 UTC 2009

Hey Guys.

I'm build a setup with 2 BE and 3FE. In that matter my MBE allways runs
(2xHVR4000) - and delievering LIVETV.
My SBE holds 1HVR4000 and 1 PVR500.

But for use in all house - where should I place my Storage.
My MBE holds 4 SATA 500GB disc With the storage capacity shared across
using NFS.
But The machine cannot any more - And If I want to add more capacity
from the SBE ( Which is using WOL) Is it possible to more capacity from
that Machine - evt to hold some special koncerts etc - That I want to
keep - but does not see that often. Is there a way to register that this
storage isn't available unless MBE has started the SBE. But then again I
will not let the SBE run all the time - So have do I best o this - if
its possible?

Than ks