[mythtv-users] Live TV/recording playpack picture only the first time

Jurgen Kramer gtmkramer at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 18 14:34:29 UTC 2009

I finally took the plunge and added a Asus 8400GS to my MythTV combined
FE/BE to prolong its live (offloading HD decoding) . The onboard GPU
(nForce 630) is now disabled.
When I watch Live TV or a recording a get picture, sound and even color
OSD (!) without problem but when I try watching Live TV a second time or
select another recording I only get a blank screen and sound...
After quitting mythfrontend and restarting it a can watch another
recording without problem. The frontend log does not reveal any problems
and I still get a proper preview picture when going through my
recordings.

Any ideas what the problem might be? I have not modified my xorg.conf
settings from my old GPU.

Further info:
System: Mythdora 5 (Fedora 8, MythTV 0.21)
Nvidia 180.44 (manually installed)

Jurgen