[mythtv-users] Why has no one implemented subtext commercial filtering?

Rafael Moslin rafmoslin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 15:41:53 UTC 2009

Totally off topic agreed but fun nonetheless. I normally do prefer to get
rid of any quoted text entirely but somehow it slipped through in my
previous email, even if I am using an intelligent email service as per the
rather amusing Wikipedia entry on posting styles, love the quotation marks
around intelligent.

"For users of modern e-mail clients and "intelligent" e-mail services like
Gmail, which display entire e-mail threads in logical order and hide
previous content, the distinction between different posting styles is often
now less relevant."

Why is bottom posting bad for me personally? Well I'm not usually interested
in wading through all the previous posts to get to the meat of the text, If
I'm interested then I would have followed the thread and only require the
new message. Perhaps I should go back 15 years to using cc:Mail or the
likes. In all fairness if these where Usenet posts then the posting style is
more critical with most news style posts when conversations are not threaded
but hey, its 2008 and I'm using a current Linux distro with a modern email
client not CPM with GEM desktop. Actually I can't believe I'm responding to
this but all of the holier than thou individuals who bang on about posting
styles, usually to disparage a person who is new to a list do get my goat on
occasions, it should not be a stick to beat someone with, and I've become
just as guilty by association with this email, for that I apologise.

Rafael.