[mythtv-users] My Guide is 1 hr forward?

Mw meatwad2021 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 16:39:20 UTC 2009

John Pilkington wrote:
> This is strange.  I'm not running the CentOS box continuously now, and I
> noticed that the screen-clock still showed UTC when I first booted after
> the BST change.  It stayed that way through several reboots and various
> system updates, but seems ok after today's reboot.
>
> Yesterday I found that the 'Administration > Date and Time > NTP >
> Advanced > Use Local Time Source' box was unaccountably ticked, and I
> unticked it.  Maybe that's why, after the reboot, the time seems ok again.

If my dodgy memory is correct, all versions of Fedora (that I have
tried, incl Cent5) prior to FC10 had the Local Source option selected by
default at install. Not sure of 9 having bumped my system from 8
directly to 10.  I always wondered why such an esoteric option was
enabled by default in Anaconda.

--
mw