[mythtv-users] My Guide is 1 hr forward?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Apr 15 08:23:04 UTC 2009

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 14/04/2009, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
>>  My on-screen clock in CentOS 5.3 currently shows UTC. It shows the same
>> figures regardless of the 'local time' or 'UTC' setting, although BST
>> (UTC+1) has been in force for ~10 days. The MythTV program guide, driven by
>> the UK DVB-T EIT, is showing the programme data correctly related to BST.
>
> John,
>
> What's the output of
>
> $ date +%c
>
> Nick

This is strange.  I'm not running the CentOS box continuously now, and I
noticed that the screen-clock still showed UTC when I first booted after
the BST change.  It stayed that way through several reboots and various
system updates, but seems ok after today's reboot.

Yesterday I found that the 'Administration > Date and Time > NTP >
Advanced > Use Local Time Source' box was unaccountably ticked, and I
unticked it.  Maybe that's why, after the reboot, the time seems ok again.

The output you asked about now shows:

Wed 15 Apr 2009 09:22:16 AM BST

which looks ok.

Thanks,