[mythtv-users] libXvMCNVIDIA for HD Playback

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 00:39:33 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Scott <scott at web-ster.com> wrote:
> Nick Rout wrote:
>
> On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Scott <scott at web-ster.com> wrote:
>

> Thanks for the reply. I did run the frontend in a terminal and it did throw
> h264 warnings about the frame size and saying that it's throwing frames out.
>

> AFAIK Xvmc will not help with h264 encoded material.
>

> Thanks Nick, I was kind of wondering that myself. Below is some of what I
> see in my log (i'm sifting through it off and on today). There's usually a
> few lines of these errors off and on, there's definitely large blocks on the
> last error that seem to continue throughout playing the file.
>
> [h264 @ 0x138db00]decode_slice_header error
> [h264 @ 0xb9bb00]mmco: unref short failure
> [h264 @ 0xb9bb00]number of reference frames exceeds max (probably corrupt
> input), discarding one
>
> I don't believe that the issue is corrupt data because I can play the HD
> files just fine in other players (Xine and Mplayer specifically, I need to
> try VLC yet). Has anyone ran into these errors before and more importantly
> is there a fix?

Looks similar to errors you get with broadcast h264, some of those
streams are not handled yet by myth-0.21 because ffmpeg (which myth
uses an internal version of) has only recently started working with
this stuff.

you could try paul kendall's ppa repo [1], which has a patched version
of mythtv which will handle many of these errors. jean-yves avenard's
patched mythtv-0.21 also handles these streams, but you won't need his
version unless you have a vdpau capable card, which you haven't.

[1] https://launchpad.net/~paul-kcbbs/+archive/ppa

PS just realised pointing you to these repos is assuming you are using
mythbuntu, dunno whether there are equivalents for other distros.