[mythtv-users] libXvMCNVIDIA for HD Playback

Scott scott at web-ster.com
Fri Apr 3 23:52:53 UTC 2009

Nick Rout wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Scott <scott at web-ster.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the reply. I did run the frontend in a terminal and it did throw
>> h264 warnings about the frame size and saying that it's throwing frames out.
>>

> AFAIK Xvmc will not help with h264 encoded material.

Thanks Nick, I was kind of wondering that myself. Below is some of what
I see in my log (i'm sifting through it off and on today). There's
usually a few lines of these errors off and on, there's definitely large
blocks on the last error that seem to continue throughout playing the file.

[h264 @ 0x138db00]decode_slice_header error
[h264 @ 0xb9bb00]mmco: unref short failure
[h264 @ 0xb9bb00]number of reference frames exceeds max (probably
corrupt input), discarding one

I don't believe that the issue is corrupt data because I can play the HD
files just fine in other players (Xine and Mplayer specifically, I need
to try VLC yet). Has anyone ran into these errors before and more
importantly is there a fix?

Scott S.