[mythtv-users] Remove dead slave server from database?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 16:01:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 8:42 AM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
<SNIP>

>> Seems strange to me that the database doesn't have something akin to a
>> slave server ID and a simple command to remove everything related to
>> that server ID. I guess not though.
>
> It's not myth's fault, it's just how databases work.  You can't reset
> the counter on the whole table without truncating th table.
>
> Robert

It's the way the database itself is defined. If everything for a
specific slave server had specific IDs then it could be a simple
process.

No matter, I'll spend the time this weekend and see if I can get it
going again.

Frankly, I'm about ready, after 4 years, to dump Myth and give up on
home recording for the next year or two. The whole switch to digital
has already cost me $300 and none of it works. The instructions for
setting this stuff up aren't mature yet and I feel I'm wasting time
and money. It's not Myth's fault that we're forced into the digital
switch, but I feel we could somehow do a much better job of defining
how to set up a completely digital system from scratch as that's what
folks in the U.S. anyway will have to do in 12 months when cable
systems completely drop analog.

Thanks,
Mark