[mythtv-users] Much improved 1080i display

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Fri Apr 3 07:38:37 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 6:33 PM, belcampo <belcampo at zonnet.nl> wrote:

> Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>  > Motion with Interlaced 2X was great ; just like if I was watching TV
>
>> using the Sony's build-in tuner...
>> It's a pity that one has to spend so much time and effort just to
>> achieve what the TV does already :(
>>
> Maybe a device which was made for this, PopCornHour and others, do it
> easily.
> Just my 2 cents

I have a PCH, and it does have AMAZING output.  It just doesn't integrate
perfectly with myth.

That said, with VDPAU mythtv is MUCH more powerful than the PCH, and so why
on earth can't it match it?  VDPAU with a powerful nvidia card is also much
ore powerful than the scaler chip in the best consumer tv in the world, so
same question!  It's ALWAYS bugged me.