[mythtv-users] Jumpy live tv

Magnus Larsson magnus at vista.se
Wed Sep 24 20:01:03 UTC 2008

Hi again!

I have tried installing the fglrx manually as well, according to
http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Hardy_Installation_Guide#Method_2:_Manual_Method_.28installing_Catalyst_8.8_or_8.9.29.
However, this does not solve the issue - the TV image is even more
shaky, and fglrxinfo gives error msgs (unable to open display, no
protocol specified).

When reverting to the ubuntu version of fglrx, installed via gnomes
restricted driver manager, fglrxinfo gives good output, showin an ATI
device, but the same Xv error appears in the mythtv-log, and the image
is still very jumpy.

Are there any other versions of the driver I can try? Or things to
check? Or just buy another card....?

Magnus