[mythtv-users] Jumpy live tv

Magnus Larsson magnus at vista.se
Wed Sep 24 06:44:56 UTC 2008

Thanks for you reply.

I have now changed audio mixer to ALSA:default, and that error
disappears from the log.

I also removed the propr driver, using the gui in gnome. I have tried
running the system with vesa and radeon, but neither works very well. I
get resolution 800x600 and no higher, and live tv is very very jumpy, at
best. However, the xv-errors in the log disappeared.

Are there other FOSS drivers to try? I am right now trying to use the
fglrx with Catalyst, following
http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Hardy_Installation_Guide, Metod
2. However, as this takes some time and I need to return to work, I
won't be able to do it fully until tonight (in some 14 hrs). Do you
believe this is a fruitful route, or not worth the effort?

sudo xvinfo -display :0
gives me only
No protocol specified
xvinfo:  Unable to open display :0

Maybe I should run it differently (have not found instructions yet)?

Regards,

Magnus Larsson