[mythtv-users] Help with picking motherboard

Shanon Swafford listbox at swaffordfamily.com
Wed Sep 24 04:12:13 UTC 2008

So I'm stuck between 2 motherboard models:

AMD (GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128090

Are you planning to buy a video card? 'cause I never could make the ATI
drivers work for this SOB.

I agree.  I used this motherboard in two mythdora machines.  The video
worked OK for 720p, but with occasionally noticeable tearing, and complete
garbling of the video when changing channels/resolution during live TV.  I
finally gave up and bought a pair of fanless nvidia cards until the ATI
drivers come together.

Jim

I do have an e-GeForce 6200 PCI card with DVI out I could use.  Except I'm
in yum trouble with another PC where the 800i is not supported by the
mythdora ISO kernel and yumming now gets a kernel that nVidia didn't have
support for last weekend.  Another story and probably my fault for not know
how to control yum.

What processor would be enough to support 1080i with this combination?  I'm
really spoiled by 1080i from my Motorola DCT6412 set top but it does support
720p.

Thanks guys,