[mythtv-users] D11 DirecTV Receiver - How To Control?

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Wed Sep 17 13:47:16 UTC 2008

I moved my BE/FE combo to faster hardware.  I have a DirecTV D11
receiver that I controlled via the 9 pin serial port on my previous
motherboard and a USB to 9 pin converter on the D11.  My current setup
does not have a 9 pin serial port on the motherboard; just USB.  I'd
like to continue controlling via wire.  Do I need another USB to 9 pin
for the PC?  Can I go USB to USB direct?  And what /dev device will I be
using?

Thanks,

Drew

--