[mythtv-users] HDMI motherboard for 1080p output?

Matthew Asplund mattasplund at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 01:49:36 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Florin Andrei <florin at andrei.myip.org>wrote:

> Mitch Gore wrote:
> >
> > That will work find but this Asus board is cheaper (and i prefer Asus):
> > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131214
>
> Isn't the graphics chipset slower? (7050PV vs. 8200)
>
> I may end up using 1080i after all, but first I want to have a decent
> shot at trying 1080p as the main resolution for the frontend.
>
> --
> Florin Andrei
>
>  I bought a Biostar GF 8200 motherboard.  I tried installing Ubuntu 8.04
but had problems with the SATA stuff (I got it installed by adding the
all_generic_ide, and then installing.  When it updated, I was able to get it
running without the option.  Unfortunately, when I installed the NVidia
driver there was flicker in X, and the sound was completely garbled.  I then
installed Fedora 9, and got everything mostly installed, and working,
mostly.  Unfortunately, I still get crackling on the sound, and the X
performance is very bad (even with the NVidia proprietary driver), and
sometimes it doesn't even play back HD video correctly.

Has anybody gotten the 8200 motherboards working properly?

Matthew Asplund