[mythtv-users] Problems with 0.21 - mythdora 5

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 04:36:12 UTC 2008

On 13/09/2008, Tim Hartley <poobahtim at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can you confirm that you have got your capture card(s), video
>  > source(s) and input connection(s) configured properly in mythtv-setup?
>  > It could be a scheduling problem.
>
> mythtv-setup seems to accept the inputs, and I can see all of the
>  programs in the guide.  When I schedule a show for recording, though,
>  and the guide comes back up, I'm used to seeing an icon get put over
>  the show, and it changes color.  Neither of those things happens, the
>  show isn't shown in the upcoming recordings screen, and even the rule
>  isn't available for editing in the set priorities screen.
>
>  Can I check the DB directly for the mythtv-setup details, to know
>  they're in there?

The record and recordmatch tables should contain entries if the
scheduler is running properly. Running `mythbackend --printsched` will
post scheduler output to the console.

Please post to pastebin.net the mythbackend logfile (running
mythbackend from a console makes this easier) from startup through to
scheduling a program in the guide. You may need to increase the log
verbosity if there are no errors reported.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/