[mythtv-users] Merging data from two mythbackend servers

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 01:25:43 UTC 2008

I have had two independent mythbackend servers. I just built a new
computer with lots of disk space and I would like to move the recorded
files from the old servers to the new. The documentation has a great
procedure for moving data from one server to a new one.
    http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7

This does not work for the second server's data because of duplication
of keys in the database. Specifically I get the following error:
   ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 1: Duplicate entry '81' for key 1

Does anyone know of a procedure that would allow me to load the second
server's data onto the new server?

Gary