[mythtv-users] The perfect HTPC frontend?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Sep 11 23:14:46 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> The only disappointing part of the mini for me is that it only has
> 802.11g wireless. Not sure why they have chosen to not include 802.11n
> since the rest of their wireless machines have gone that way.

Probably because 802.11n is not an approved standard at this time. It
bothers me to see boxes in stores loudly proclaiming "802.11n", when
there is no such thing. Those devices may or may not meet the standard,
when (and if) it is approved.

Purchasers might wind up stuck with gear that will not interact with the
"standard". It's OK to sell preliminary gear based on a proposed
standard, but only if you make that fact clear to your buyers, which the
manufacturers are not doing (though some of them are).

beww