[mythtv-users] Let's talk about auto wakeup

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Sep 8 17:47:02 UTC 2008

piratebab-mythtv wrote:
> Hello,
>  I thought that when this option is checked, frontend will be launched
> by mythwelcome only in case of manual poweron, not in case of
> automatic wakeup for recording.
> In fact mythfrontend is always launched if option is check.
> Was my understanding wrong ?

MythWelcome will _not_ start MythFrontend if it determines that it was
started to record something but only if it is set up properly :-).

I think there there must be some misinformation floating around, maybe
on the wiki?, since there has been a few people asking about this recently.

I think the README is up to date here :-
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/programs/mythwelcome/README

Note you _must_ use mythshutdown in the "Set wakeup time command"  and
"Server Halt command" settings in mythtv-setup.

Paul H.