[mythtv-users] Mythtv and directv dvr21

Gary gwgrover at windstream.net
Fri Sep 5 23:15:33 UTC 2008

Here is the "mythtv" I have installed:
gary at Abitbox:~> mythfrontend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : Unknown
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend
using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_opengl_vsync
using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc
using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live

I have a Directv  HR21 DVR. It recognizes mythtv and I can play .mpg
files on the big screen tv.

However it will not play the .avi files.  Is there any way I can use the
.avi files or convert them to .mpg?
(the .avi files are from DVD's (not commercial)  that were converted to
.avi