[mythtv-users] Mythwelcome always starts mythfrontend on boot.

James Skimming James.Skimming at portraitsoftware.com
Fri Sep 5 12:49:42 UTC 2008

> The trouble is that rtc wants time since epoch whilst mythshutdown
> --setwakeup wants yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ss.
>
> If you don't use mythshutdown its easy because you can choose time_t
> from mythtv-setup and just write it straight to the rtc.  This is all
> my script has to do.

The information you pass to "mythshutdown --setwakeup" does not get
passed verbatim to your script. It's stored in the database.

When the backend finally calls "sudo mythshutdown --shutdown",
mythshutown retrieves the value from the database, to pass to your
script. If you set the following value in "MythWelcome/Shutdown
settings", it does the munging for you.

Wakeup time format: time_t

To debug things, run myth with the "--verbose <I can't remember the
level>" option, its logs will them appear in the backend's logs.

Prior to myth 0.21, I had the opposite problem, as mythshutown would
only supply the epoch time. It was originally designed to work with
nvram-wakeup. Now it's configurable between "time_t" (epoch) and
"yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss".

So I don't think you need to do the munging.

Regards,

Jim.