[mythtv-users] Mythwelcome always starts mythfrontend on boot.

chris at simmons.titandsl.co.uk chris at simmons.titandsl.co.uk
Fri Sep 5 12:17:04 UTC 2008

The trouble is that rtc wants time since epoch whilst mythshutdown --setwakeup wants yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ss.

If you don't use mythshutdown its easy because you can choose time_t from mythtv-setup and just write it straight to the rtc.  This is all my script has to do.

If you use mythshutdown then your script will get invoked with a date-time style date which requires munging.

This is hassle I'd rather avoid but seemingly can't because mythwelcome has its own special way of guessing whether it was an auto restart or user restart.

Anyway.  Thanks for your help, much appreciated :)

I'm off on holiday for a week shortly which is why I started trying to get this working again, I didn't want the tv box on all week whilst I was away!

I'll see if I can find a bug when I get back.  I was thinking of trying some mythtv devel so perhaps this would be a good starting place to try and sort this out.

Tata and thanks again for the help

Chris.