[mythtv-users] Questions about multiple frontends in household

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Thu Sep 4 20:16:22 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com>wrote:

> On Sep 4, 2008, at 9:48 AM, Jake wrote:
>
> >> Not exactly a frontend. You can play back video, but you can only
> >> watch
> >> video, listen to music and maybe view pictures? You can't do
> >> anything else a
> >> frontend can do.. commercial skipping, schedule/delete recordings,
> >> use any
> >> other plugin, mark program as Watched when you've watched it, etc.
> >
> > like i said in my post above, mvpmc now contains a mysql client and
> > you can set it up so that the mediamvp CAN commercial skip, watch
> > livetv and save a bookmark now.  as far as i know the mvp has been
> > able to delete and schedule recordings for quite some time.
> >
> > just clearing up some of the FUD you're spreading because i really
> > like this little box ;)
>
> Sorry. I thought it was just a upnp client.

How does the remote work? Does the MVP contain a little IR unit or
something? Is there some GUI in the built-in software that allows one to set
the buttons?

I'm confused about the frontend. Is it some Haup internal generic software
that you can connect to a mythbackend with??

Thanks,
Bob