[mythtv-users] New user / New system

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Oct 29 14:15:09 UTC 2008

On Oct 29, 2008, at 5:27 AM, Fred Squires wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 7:27 PM, Rick P <rickp at blowphish.net> wrote:
>> Ah, I see, thanks for the info.  I think I'll just create another
>> instance
>> on the Myth box.
>>

>> -Rick
>
> I don't know if that's a good idea.  If the load on the windows box is
> low, your performance might be better.
> I've seen much better performance by moving my mysql db to a separate
> hard drive than my recording drive, also my slave be has better file
> performance than my master, but it's a faster machine so that might
> have something to do with it.
> Also, don't top post.

I should have mentioned that. I saw great improvements in system
response when I moved my MySQL database and system stuff to its own
drive and all my recordings to their own drive(s).

It's also easier to back up your system if you have your important
stuff (all the hours of setup getting your machine to work correctly)
on a separate drive and the unimportant stuff (your actual recordings)
on their own drive.

-Brad