[mythtv-users] DVD Imported video fail to play: PCM audio error

Hans Houwaard hans at ginder.xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 28 15:04:55 UTC 2008

Hallo,

I have tried to import a DVD into MythTV, so far without success. The import
tool is unable to import the DVD as 1 iso, the DVD holds about 7 tracks,
each a video. These I can import as high or good quality, but regardless of
the setting I choose, I cannot play those videos in my chosen player, VLC at
this moment. Once I play the video file, the player gives lots of PCM audio
errors, sound crashes.

I'm using Mythbuntu 8.04, with SPDIF out. All audio should be playing
through SPDIF and this works for all other content except the imported
videos. My onbouard soundcard does indeed not show a PCM control in Alsa,
but it has a master control. How can I fix this, so I can import the heavy
used childrens DVDs.

Hans