[mythtv-users] PVR-350

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Tue Oct 21 21:36:27 UTC 2008

Is a PVR-350 worth getting? Some eBay deals put it within range of other
150/250's being sold and I am considering getting it, but reading this:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_PVR-350  I am not sure.

I use my desktop PC as a frontend and wouldn't be using the 350 for anything
but recording/playing live tv + recordings, same as I use my current 150. I
see that the 350 is unable to output OpenGL-- I don't understand how that
would affect me, since my desktop PC has an 8800GT that mythfrontend is
using and of course openGL for the menu works fine.

Are the 350 concerns only for someone who's using the backend as a frontend?

Thanks for any help
Bob