[mythtv-users] [mythtv] CC benchmarks and procedure list ? Was: how would one speed up the channel changing in mythtv ?

Johan Heikkilä johan.heikkila at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 21:11:50 UTC 2008

Interesting discussion. I avoid LiveTV in mythtv because of the following:

- channel changes take 5 - 8 seconds between channels within the same multiplex
- channel changes take 8 - 12 seconds between channels in different multiplexes
- sometimes difficulty to tune to a channel, i.e. no lock (not
consistent behavior)

This is with 0.21 fixes on SDTV (720x576i), standard DVB-C, with a
single PCI-tuner in decent hardware backend and separate frontends.
Same behavior when running a frontend on the same PC as the backend.
My separate (old) DVB-C box changes channels in 1-2 seconds and NEVER
has difficulty tuning a channel, even once with a broken cable (very
bad signal and lots of pixelisation).

This COULD of course be caused by bad configuration.