[mythtv-users] Creating specific rule for search program

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 15:45:38 UTC 2008

On 17/10/2008, Mike Holden <mythtv at mikeholden.org> wrote:

> How about the situation where all the current program listings match, but
> you want to take out an "insurance policy" rule to ensure that all future
> programs would be recorded, regardless of whether the search matches or
> not. In that situation, I wouldn't be able to find a non-matching episode
> to set up the new rule on.

A heavy-duty custom search, or multiple people/title searches with
wildcards may be the only way, if the listings are that bad.

>  I don't have 100% confidence in the UK listings provider as they often get
>  things wrong, not in a big way, but in a way that is big enough to cause
>  program matching problems.

If you are using the Radio Times listings, please send them a message
(radio.times at bbc.co.uk). I've been using the RT listings since I
started using MythTV in 2004, and have acquired a growing number of
power searches in lieu of regular rules to cover the possible (and
actual) missed recordings due to slightly different programme titles.

Likewise, send me a list of the titles, and I can ensure that if they
are seen in the source data, the Radio Times XMLTV grabber will
correct them. I added functionality to allow 'bad' titles to be
rewritten with more consistent ones - if want can't alter the source
data, we can at least update them before the XML gets written out.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott