[mythtv-users] Seems XBOX may not be such a good front end afterall

Johnny Russ jruss at mit.edu
Tue Oct 14 21:00:39 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Ben Edwards <list4me2 at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Been tying to get an XBOX working as a front end but I am coming to
> the conclushen that it may not be worthwile.  I decide to try the XBMC
> (Xbox Media Center) as a full Linux install was suposed to be a bit
> slugish and XBMC easier to get working.  It kind of works but I am
> getting lipsync problems and totaly loosing sound quite often.

I have found that the internal player on XBMC seems to have trouble playing
MythTV recordings. You can tell XBMC to use mplayer and then things work
great. Instead of clicking play click on the title button on the DVD remote
or the white button on the controller. Then choose the play using... option
from the menu. You can select mplayer from the options. Unfortunately I
couldn't find anyway to make it play with mplayer by default, but it isn't
that much trouble once you get used to it.