[mythtv-users] Seems XBOX may not be such a good front end afterall

Ben Edwards list4me2 at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 14 19:53:26 UTC 2008

Been tying to get an XBOX working as a front end but I am coming to
the conclushen that it may not be worthwile.  I decide to try the XBMC
(Xbox Media Center) as a full Linux install was suposed to be a bit
slugish and XBMC easier to get working.  It kind of works but I am
getting lipsync problems and totaly loosing sound quite often.

I could install Xdebian but not sure if it is worth it.  It occurs to
be that second hand business PCs are very quiet and can be picked up
very cheeply (1Ghz should do it) and would be easy to setup.

 Ben