[mythtv-users] how to improve Myth (was "OT: I'm streaming Netflix on my Linux box")

Darrin mtv at aperature.org
Thu Oct 9 22:51:53 UTC 2008

May I mention that the entire reason I'm subbed to this list is because
there are no pointers (that I could find) to the archives or to a faq (that
I could find) when I started having issues with my own installation of the
system.  In fact, the one bug report that did relate to the problem I was
having merely stated, "this is not a bug - post your question to the
myth-users mailing list".

Even stranger was that the sign up page for the list did not point to a faq,
a list of common problems, mailing list archives, or even give any standards
for posting to the list (IIRC).  Instead, I posted to the list and got the
usual "geez,  why does no one search the archives!?" or "use google"
assinine response.

If you want people to not come to the list with common questions, they need
to be diverted to the correct places before they end up subscribing and
asking yet another frequently asked question, imho.

Since there are no standards mentioned either, it's no wonder people top
post.  ;-)