[mythtv-users] Xbox front-end advice please

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 10:55:10 UTC 2008

Just about to start getting the bits I need to build a Xbox frontend.  Have
found a couple of HOWTOs but any advise would be appreciated.  I use Ubuntu
on my server so I would like to use a Ubuntu bast distro for the frontend or
failing that a Debian one.  Key thing is that I need like to keep the
version numbers in sync and would rather not  compile from source.  I have a
few questions:-

Which HOWTO do people recommend?

Do I need a modded Xbox, if so what should I be looking/asking for?

Is any pre 360 Xbox OK or do I need to look for certain versions?

Do I need to use a keyboard adapter or can I do a net install with a USB
Wireless adapter, if so what ones should wold?

Regards,
Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK