[mythtv-users] NVidia card lacking Xv overlay

Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Fri Oct 3 10:31:45 UTC 2008

>Do you have the picture controls?  What version of the driver do you
>use?  The old version that I run is 71.86.  That supports the
>overlay.
>The old driver will also run the newer cards but they wont have the
>overlay, only the old cards (like my 5200) have it.  There are
>features
>(3D and OpenGL stuff) that the newer drivers support on the newer
>cards
>but I don't know how or if those features relate to Myth/video.  I
>think
>they dropped the XV overlay when they went to PCIE.  At least all the
>
>PCIE units I've tried (3 of them now) don't support it.
>
>DaveD
I am not sure about the picture controls because I have never used anything
like that.

I am not quite sure about the version of the driver because I use the
OpenSuse online repository to download/update the driver (as an RPM
package), but I know that I use the NON-legacy driver.

If you go to the the Nvidia download page:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us and choose Geforce 5
FX it will give you 173.14.12 as the newest version.
If you choose Geforce 4 MX it will give you 96.43.07.

As I have understood it the drivers with version below 100 are the legacy
drivers and those above 100 are for the newer cards.

Jens