[mythtv-users] drop frontend settings from mythconverg

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Oct 2 21:44:12 UTC 2008

On 10/02/2008 12:14 PM, Daniel Agar wrote:
> My myth database has been around for awhile and I tend to experiment a
> lot with different frontends. This leads to a database with half a
> dozen frontends that are no longer around. Will removing everything
> from the settings table that includes the proper hostname cleanly
> remove the frontend from the database?

Yep.  Close enough.  Basically, just:

DELETE FROM settings WHERE hostname = '<hostname>';

Make sure you don't delete the settings where hostname IS NULL, though.

And, you can get the hostnames with:

SELECT DISTINCT hostname FROM settings;

There are some other places, but there won't be enough data to worry
about.  The best way to really clean up old hosts is with a
spring-cleaning/new-host/partial restore (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Database_Backup_and_Restore ), but
it's not really worth the effort for just that.

Mike "wondering if I should include remove host functionality in the
backup/restore scripts..." Dean