[mythtv-users] [mythtv] Best quality SD TV picture from DVB-T source

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Wed Oct 1 12:52:15 UTC 2008

Maatt wrote:
>> Ooo, that could be it. How do I turn it off.
>
> google for "TVDeflicker".
>
>> Two fold: Colours are slightly weaker
>
> you should be able to correct colour saturation in the mythtv menus
> (look for xv picture controls)

I didn't follow up that second suggestion because picture control
didn't seem to be available on my setup, but then I found I had
it disabled. Now that I'm able to adjust picture, and along with
turning off TVDeflicker, I get a superb picture from S-Video. It
is so close now to the quality I get from my DVR that during
tests switching back and forth between them, I get confused
about which one I'm watching. The DVR is still very slightly
better, but hardly anything, and this on a really good quality
CRT TV.

I'm not using any form of deinterlacing, so on occasion playback
starts up with the output interlace out of sync with the source,
but that happens fairly rarely and it's easy to correct when it
does.

In short, I'm now thoroughly satisfied with my set up. Thanks for
all the help everyone.

Cheers,
	Paul.