[mythtv-users] Muthbuntu baffling issue - backend on wrong port somehow

Adam Hirsch mythtv at quakerporn.com
Wed Oct 1 13:10:54 UTC 2008

Hey, folks; responding to an old message from the archives, but one I
haven't found an answer to.

Having been running a hand-compiled 0.21-fixes successfully for some time,
I completely rebuilt my PVR machine so I could install a hardware RAID
card.  I figured I'd try out Mythbuntu, in the process.

Having installed it, however, I discovered that the backend was only
listening on tcp/udp port 6549, not the 6543 and 6544 ports specified in
mythtv-setup.  When I fired up the frontend, it complained about not being
able to contact the backend.

Before I go to recompile mythtv by hand, I was curious if anyone else had
run into this since the OP, and if so, any pointers.  Thanks!