[mythtv-users] "F" Key -- not adusting contrast, color, tint etc.

Greg Hermsen g.hermy15 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 04:10:22 UTC 2008

I understand that the "F" key is supposed to allow you to adjust picture
settings such as color, tint and contrast.  I want to adjust the settings
inside MythTV because my settings on the TV are fine for other inputs.  The
MythTV picture however has a weird tint to it and could use some fine
tuning.

When I hit the F key, all it allows me to adjust is volume.  I did a Google
search and read a couple comments suggesting I add the following to my
xorg.conf:

    Option "XvmcUsesTextures" "false"

          ...and...

    Load           "v4l"

I tried XvmcUsesTextures first and it seemed to have no impact.  I added
"load v4l" and I got a message when I rebooted saying the video card had to
operate at a lower quality mode.  Neither allowed my to adjust the picture.

Does anyone have suggestions to allow picture adjustments within MythTV.
I'm running MythBuntu with an nVidia 5500 card.

Thanks,
Greg